Consumers today are very different than they used to be, yet have a strong interest in where their food comes from, including how food animals are raised and handled. To help build consumer trust in dairy products, the Dairy Cattle Welfare Council (DCWC) is pleased to announce the webinar series. These live educational sessions will be available at no cost to attendees from across the United States as well as around the world. Recordings are available to DCWC members.
The webinars feature top-rated topics from previous DCWC Annual Symposiums as well as other pertinent subject areas. These dairy welfare webinars offer an opportunity to learn about food integrity and communicating with the consumer as well as animal-human interaction at the farm level.
- "The Fact and Fiction of Developing Practical Animal Care Programs"
- Dr. Brandon Treichler, Select Milk Producers
- Recorded on January 10, 2018
- "Best Practices and Training for On-Farm Euthanasia"
- Dr. Jan Shearer, Iowa State University
- Recorded on September 20, 2017
- "The Modern Bovine Maternity Ward"
- Dr. Donald Niles, Dairy Dreams LLC
- Recorded on April 4, 2017
- "Monitoring Personnel Performance with Emphasis on Animal Welfare"
- Dr. Gustavo Schuenemann, Ohio State University Extension
- Recorded on March 15, 2017
- "Food Industry and Consumer Perceptions"
- Charlie Arnot, The Center for Food Integrity
- Recorded on November 15, 2016
DCWC members have unlimited access to recordings in the membership portion of the website (member login).